The Office of Interdisciplinary Studies at the University of Central Florida is seeking applications for a nine-month lecturer position in Interdisciplinary Studies beginning in August 2016. The position is a 9-month position with an expected teaching load of 8 courses per academic year, with the possibility of optional summer teaching. The successful candidate will teach the regularly offered undergraduate core courses in Interdisciplinary Studies (Cornerstone and Capstone) as well as other courses contributing to interdisciplinary degree programs (such as Comparative Cultural Studies or Transnational Gender Studies courses).
- Ph.D. or equivalent terminal degree from an accredited institution in Interdisciplinary Studies or closely related field.
- Documented research experience.
- Evidence of teaching excellence at the post-secondary level.
- Documented research experience in Interdisciplinary Studies.
- Documented teaching experience in Interdisciplinary Studies
- Research and/or teaching experience in Transnational Gender Studies
- Research and/or teaching experience in Comparative Cultural Studies
- Experience with Web based instruction
Applicants are required to apply online www.jobswithucf.com. The position number is 38506. In addition to the online application, please also submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, evidence of teaching excellence, and the names for three professional references. The selected candidate will need to provide official transcripts.
Note: Please have all documents ready when applying so they can be attached at that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents at a later date.
Review of applications will begin on January 15, 2016, and will continue until the position is filled. Any questions should be directed to the chair of the search committee at BScott@ucf.edu.
UCF is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.