Full-time Position in English, Open Rank, Open Field (Taiwan)
(Posted November 4, 2015)
The Department of English at National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei, Taiwan invites applications for the following full-time position in the Literature Track, to begin in August 2016 (pending budget approval):
Full, Associate, or Assistant Professorship of English with a doctoral degree in English Literature, American Literature, Comparative Literature or Cultural Studies.
The position will involve teaching courses in the successful candidate’s areas of specialization at the graduate and undergraduate levels, instructing language courses to English and non-English majors, maintaining an active scholarly profile, advising students, and providing service to the Department and the University. The normal teaching load in each semester is eight hours per week for the full professor and nine hours per week for the associate or assistant professor.
The applicant must have obtained his/her doctoral degree by the time of application. Except for new PhDs, all other applicants must meet at least one of the following criteria:
1. Publication of at least one book or monograph within the past three years. Proof of proper review process should be provided.
2. Publication of at least two articles within the past three years in journals listed in Social Sciences Citation Index, Arts & Humanities Citation Index, Taiwan Social Sciences Citation Index, or Taiwan Humanities Citation Index Core, as the first or corresponding author.
3. Acquisition of at least two important research grants within the past three years (in the case of Taiwan, research grants from the Ministry of Science and Technology).
4. Exceptional performance in scholarship. Proof of achievements should be provided.
To apply, submit the following materials via e-mail:
*The materials may be prepared in any format; however, the applicant is solely responsible for successful digital transmission.
1. Completed application form (the blank form may downloaded from the web site of the Departmenthttp://www.eng.ntnu.edu.tw/en/news/news.php?Sn=3518).
2. Photocopy of the doctoral degree diploma (or an official letter from the applicant’s university certifying completion of the applicant’s doctoral studies).
3. Proof of teaching-related employment, past and present, if any.
4. Photocopy of the R.O.C. Identification Card (for R.O.C. nationals) or the photograph page of the passport (for non-R.O.C. nationals), along with a recent passport photograph.
5. Curriculum vitae, a personal statement describing research interests and teaching philosophy, and the syllabus of a proposed course.
6. A list of publications and research grants within the last five years. List English-language publications published on or after November 4, 2012 as Representative Works and other publications published on or after November 4, 2010, English or Chinese, as Supporting Works. New PhDs may use the doctoral dissertation as their Representative Work.
7. Full text of all the Representative and Supporting Works (PDF preferred).
8. Three letters of recommendation, signed and scanned, to be e-mailed to us separately by each recommender.
Please send the application materials to Ms. Tzu-yi Chiang at <email@example.com>. Items #1-7 should be sent by the applicant whereas Item #8 should be sent by the recommenders.
All application materials must be received by the Department no later than 5:00 pm, December 31, 2015, local time.
Short-listed candidates will be invited to give job talks on campus or conduct online interviews. The interviews are tentatively scheduled for the period January 22–26, 2016.
For further information, please contact Ms. Chiang:
Telephone: (+886) (0)2 77341806
Fax: (+886) (0)2 23634793
Department of English
National Taiwan Normal University
162 Heping East Road, Section 1
Taipei 10610, Taiwan, R.O.C.